Professor Tonya V Thomas MA.Ed, APRM, LSSBB
SuffixMA.Ed, APRM, LSSBB
As Adjunct Professor, Media Arts & Studies in the WSU College of Fine, Performing & Communication Arts (CFPCA), Tonya V Thomas is an education architect, productivity tech influencer, process improvement expert, and multimedia communications leader with nearly 25 years of experience in healthcare, information systems, training and human performance support, productivity consulting, public speaking, group facilitation, web development, PR and corporate communications, social media, project management, leadership development and non-profit operations management.
She is currenlty the developer and instructor of COM 2310 "Intro to Modern Web Design," coaching young creatives in CFPCA in the art and discipline of web design best practices as applies to the creation of their own online portfolios, where they can showcase their creative work, academic growth, and community service.
In addition to teaching in the Comm/Media Arts program, Tonya also serves in the following roles:
- Sr Business Systems Analyst (profile) • FBO Planning, Assessment & Innovation • Wayne State University
- Adjunct Professor - Business Administration - Mike Ilitch School of Business - Wayne State University
- Adjunct/Advisory Board • IT/Business Admin, Macomb Community College
- Principal/Chief Effectiveness Officer • EduTechDiva Enterprises LLC
In her downtime, she enjoys music, singing, photography, painting, theater, interior decorating, spending time with her family, traveling, and being anywhere near open water.
Area of Expertise
Specializing in visioning, planning, designing, and implementing 21st Century projects and processes—and creating modern learning solutions to support learners' needs as they engage in improvement and innovation.
Degrees and Certifications
- BS in Instructional Design and Technology from Walden University
- MA with Distinction in educational technology from The University of Michigan
- Microsoft Certified Innovative Educator (MIE)
- Certified project manager (APRM)
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LSSBB)
Samples of work at www.edutechdiva.net/portfolio.
Subsets of presentations available at Slideshare.net.
More on my LinkedIn profile.
Courses TaughtCOM 2310—"Intro to Modern Web Design"
- COM 2310—"Intro to Modern Web Design"
- Introduction to CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) for WSU Staff only
- Building Financial & Budgetary Awareness: The Basics of Revenue & Expense at WSU