Dr. Cleo M. Moody
Cleo Moody joined the CFPCA staff in spring, 2018 as an academic advisor II. Her responsibilities in the department include the advising of graduate students, assisting with recruiting efforts, and continuously developing knowledge of best practices, policies and procedures.
Before returning to Wayne State University in the role of academic advisor she was a practitioner of education in the Detroit Public Schools Community District. Both of her parents were proud graduates of Wayne State University.
She is a member of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated (AKA), the Michigan Academic Advising Association (MIACADA), the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), and the National Career Development Association (NCDA).
When Dr. Moody is away from the office she enjoys cycling & swimming. She can occasionally be found with her big brothers either bass fishing on Lake St. Clair or jigging for walleye along the Detroit River.
Area of Expertise
Admissions ALeRT, Student Tracking Advising Retention System (STARS), SharePoint
Awards & Honors
Administrator of the Year Award (For Outstanding Support of the Visual Arts) 2014, Detroit Public Schools
Degrees and Certifications
Wayne State University
- Doctor of Education - Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Educational Specialist Certification - Administrative and Organizational Studies
- Master of Education - Elementary and Secondary Science Education
- Professional Teaching Certificate - ENGLISH (BA) 6-8 & SCIENCE (DX) 6-8
- School Administrator Certificate - CENTRAL OFFICE (CO) & ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY ADMIN K-12 (ES)
Western Michigan University
- Bachelor of Arts - Group Science, English & Elementary Education
Primary Research Interest
Educational Leadership and Policy
Primary Research Linkhttps://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/oa_dissertations/130/
- Communicate effectively and accurately academic and non- academic requirements, policies and procedures as they relate to graduate study to students, staff, and faculty.
- Advise prospective graduate students and assist students in preparing packages for admissions.
- Work with departmental committees and Directors of Graduate Studies on evaluating and processing Masters and PhD applications.
- Accelerated Graduate Enrollment Program (AGRADE)
- Senior Rule Requests
- Post-Bachelor Program