Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. As an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), Lambda Pi Eta has active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
Wayne State registered its Lambda Theta chapter of LPH in Fall 2013. In our first year, the Lambda Theta chapter inducted 15 students. Since that time, our membership has grown to over 100 undergraduate and masters students.
Membership is by invitation only. Currently, invitations are issued to students via email once a year during winter semester. Students must fill out all required paperwork and pay the one-time membership fee. An induction ceremony is usually held at the end of winter semester.
Current selection criteria includes:
For undergraduate students:
- At least 90 completed credit hours (e.g., senior standing)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken
- 12 semester credit-hours in communication
- A minimum GPA of 3.25 for all communication courses
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing
- Rank within the highest thirty-five percent of your class in general scholarship
For MA Students:
- At least 15 completed credit hours
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 for all courses taken
- 9 semester credit-hours in communication
For more detailed information, see: http://www.natcom.org/lambdapieta/