CFPCA to honor outstanding alumni and community member at 42nd Arts Achievement Awards
The College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts (CFPCA) at Wayne State University will celebrate the 42nd annual Arts Achievement Awards. This year, the college is recognizing nine honorees from both 2020 and 2021 which will take place on Thursday, Nov. 4, at Wayne State’s Shaver Music Recital Hall, Old Main, 480 W Hancock St. in Detroit.
Since its inception, the event celebrates outstanding alumni and former students for their commitment to and advocacy for the arts and communication, and for achievements in their respective fields. The college will celebrate the award recipients during a special ceremony, which is free and open to the public. Guests also have the option to view the ceremony virtually at vimeo.com/event/1307970. Interested guests are encouraged to RSVP.
2021 award recipients:
- Carole Harris, Career Achievement Award in Art and Art History
- DeLashea Strawder, Career Achievement Award in Music
- Kathryn Ervin, MFA, Career Achievement Award in Theatre
- Darren Haynes, Career Achievement Award in Communication
- Al Lichtenstein, Dean’s Arts Advocacy Award
2020 award recipients:
- McArthur Binion, Career Achievement Award in Art and Art History
- Lisa Wiegand, Career Achievement Award in Communication
- Jacqueline Echols, Career Achievement Award in Music
- Jan Gist, Career Achievement Award in Theatre
The College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts at Wayne State University serves 2,500 students majoring in 17 undergraduate and 11 graduate programs through the James Pearson Duffy Department of Art and Art History, the Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance, the Department of Music and the Department of Communication. For more information, visit cfpca.wayne.edu.
Contact: Patrick Field, CFPCA Alumni Officer, (313) 577-1087, email@example.com